FOPAL’S Popular Monthly Sales
Depend On Your Generous Donations!
Please Bring Us Your Books, CDs, DVDs, Games, Puzzles, Software, and Artwork
At our monthly book sales, Friends of the Palo Alto Library finds new readers/users for your donated items and contributes net proceeds to purchase new materials, technology, and furniture for the Palo Alto libraries. During 2004-2012, FOPAL contributed over $2 million!
We gladly accept:
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Textbooks and computer books
- Commercially recorded items: music on CDs or cassettes, audio books on CDs or cassettes, movies on DVD, Blu-ray, or VHS
- Software and manuals
- Records (45s, 78s, LPs)
- Ephemera (e.g. vintage posters, postcards, travel brochures, greeting cards, etc.)
- Maps (folded or rolled)
- Puzzles, games, and toys
- Sheet music
- Small collectibles, (e.g. figurines, bookends, souvenirs, etc.)
We do not accept:
- Soiled, moldy, water damaged, or partial books (General Guideline: if you would not give it to a friend, please don’t give it to the Friends!)
- Magazines or newspapers
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Home copied/burned or non-commercially recorded audio or video cassettes or CDs
- Advertising material (except items of exceptional historical value)
- Legal statutes or codes
- American Automobile Association maps of the United States
PLEASE no large boxes – they are too heavy for volunteers to lift. “Xerox” or bankers boxes OK.
Please bring ALL donations to: FOPAL Main Book Sale Room, Cubberley Community Center, 4000 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto (rear of campus, north entrance, next to the tennis courts, see Maps and Directions) Monday – Saturday, 2-4 pm, EXCEPT during our monthly sales on the second Saturday of the month.
If you need to bring donations to us outside of these hours, please call (650) 213-8755 to be sure that a volunteer is available to receive your donations.
Large Donations: If you have a large donation, call (650) 308-4933 and leave a message for our pickup team. They will get back to you to schedule a pickup. Or, contact us.
Your donations are tax-deductible. Be sure to ask for a receipt.